fall cookie bites
cookie decorating resources
- basic cookie decorating how-tos
- cookie decorating cheat sheet
- join the Sugar Academy and learn to decorate cookies in an hour!
how to decorate fall cookies
supplies and ingredients you’ll need
- mini fall cookie cutters
- cut-out sugar cookie dough
- royal icing
- food coloring (Chocolate Brown, Orange, Red, Egg Yellow, Electric Green)
- disposable decorating bags
- size 2 tips and size 3
- white sprinkles
what to do
Prepare the cookie dough according to the recipe. Chill, roll it out, cut out shapes, bake, and let cool.
Make the royal icing and divide it. Tint some orange, two shades of brown, green, and yellow. Assemble decorating bags with couplers and tips.
Decorate your cookies! For the pumpkin, pipe a brown stem and outline the cookie with orange. Fill with orange. To make leaves, draw the stems with brown and fill in around with green, red, orange, and/or yellow. To decorate the acorn pipe and fill the top with dark brown. Top with sprinkles. Pipe and fill the bottom with light brown.
Let cookies dry overnight before packaging and handling.