A roundup of 25 awesome DIY road trip games and kids travel kits so you can hit the road in peace.
DIY road trip games
Hitting the road this summer? Going to pop in a nice, long audio book, sit back, relax, and feel the wind through the open window? < insert sound of screeching > Oh right, there are kids in the back seat.
So, what do you do with those bored, antsy, “stop touching me!” kids? There’s screen time, for sure. But for breaks in the screen time, here are 25 awesome DIY road trip games and travel kits you can make and pack to keep the kids busy.
more kids crafts
kids travel kits
- I love this Altoids tin turned Lego kit on the go.
- Try this chalk and magnet board, at Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles.
- Make an “I Spy” jar, from Say Yes.
- I’m in love with this tin bedroom from Tea Rose Home.
- Find free printables for this DIY coloring kit at Living Well Mom.
- Make a magnetic pattern book, by Say Yes.
- Make them practice spelling with these word travel kits by I Heart Crafty Things.
- Cute idea: Fill a wallet with activities. By Hello Bee.
- There are also free printables for these sewing cards, at Kids Activities.
- Find lots of ideas for activity bags, at The Nerd’s Wife.
- No more “I dropped my crayon!” yells with this busy book idea from Powerful Mothering.
- Let them tell stories with Little Red Riding Hood finger puppets, by Easy Peasy and Fun.
- Put together a whiteboard kit, at The OT Tool Box.
- Make a magnetic puzzle from an Altoid tin, at Delia Creates.
- Turn a DVD case into a colored pencil kit, at Unoriginal Mom.
games to play in the car
- This altoids tin license plate game from Comic Con Family is awesome.
- This Lego tic tac toe is smart, from Mama Papa Bubba.
- Sew a foldable tic tac toe game, at Made in Craftadise.
- Play roadside Bingo with this printable from Printable Crush.
- Make popsicle stick cards! At Instructables.
- I love this alphabet race game from Handmade Charlotte.
- Or try this printable Bingo, from Simple as That.
- Download road trip game printables at I Heart Naptime.
- Ha! Find a printable for finger Twister at Later Gator Crafts.
- Have the kids journal! From Five Marigolds.